Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day 8...Music!!

One of my most favorite things in the world is MUSIC! I love LOVE to sing and I sing all day long. I sing while doing, dishes, laundry, playing with the kids, cleaning, taking showers, and as I type I am humming a tune...yes. I am that talented. haha! The worst is when I am listening to music at the gym and it takes everything in me NOT to sing along! I know people would think I was crazy if I busted out "Were it Not for Grace" while doing the eliptical!! Anyways, I am so thankful for music. I cannot even stand being in my car and having no music on. It just drives me crazy! And by music, I mean God-honoring music. I just love it all.
I love to memorize Scripture, and while many, many times the Lord brings Scripture to my heart when I am down and discouraged, He also does the same with music. I have been encouraged by music hundreds of times. Many days I wake up with a certain song on my heart and I'll just sing it all day long.
I also have certain songs I sing for certain times. Like, for example, when I am cleaning the church toilets or something gross like that, when I see myself having a bad attitude I always FORCE myself to sing "A Servants Heart"...and as corny as it may sound, it has completely changed my attitude. How can we have a bad attitude while praising God!!! (Which is also why I sing while doing laundry & dishes) Or when I find myself getting a little envious of something someone may have or even about someone else's ministry, I always sing "I have been blessed". When I feel like my life isn't what I *think* it should be, I sing "God's Been Good"...When we are struggling in our church ministry, I like to sing "Through the Fire"...I could go on and on with songs that are my "special songs" for a bunch of different situations, but I won't bore you any longer! lol
I just love music, singing, playing the piano and listening to good God-honoring music. I am also attempting to learn guitar, which I haven't done much of because these 4 crazy kids take up all of my time=)





No comments:

Post a Comment