Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day 10....My mom

(photo disclaimer: my face was only this fat cause I was REALLY pregnant!!! lol)

Well, another of my favorite blessings is my mom! I probably would not be where I am today without her faithfulness to instill in me the things of the Lord. My whole life she always encouraged me to be all I could be for the Lord and that no other occupation would compare to serving Him in the ministry. I know that played a major role in my life.
We have had our ups and downs through the years, just like every other mother and daughter, but I always know that she loves me and truly wants the best for me=) She was always involved very much in our lives and made sure she asked lots of questions (and I mean LOTS) so she knew what was going on in our lives. Nothing made it past Mom..lol
I remember when I was 15 and just starting to "talk" to my now husband, she would sit in the car after church for over an hour so that I could talk to him after church as long as I wanted. She must have known somewhere in her heart that I would marry him one day, cause she didn't do that with just any boy! =)
She is a great friend and I praise the Lord for giving me to her 27 years ago. He couldn't have picked a better mom for me=) And I absolutely love that my kids totally LOVE "Dunkin Donut Gramma" (she always brings them yummy treats from there!) And they know she is always up to reading them a good book....or 10!
I love you, Mom!

1 comment: