Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 15...My Bible


"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path". Psalm 119:105

In this Book I can find wisdom for any situation I face in my life. How awesome is it that we can hold God's actual Word in our hands! The God who created us, who spoke this world into existence left His Word for ME! Wow. And I am just so thankful. I love that even after reading it for 22 years, I still find new things every day.
It saddens me that there are times I neglect God's Word, but I am thankful that the Holy Spirit convicts my heart and doesn't give me the fullness of joy when I do.

I have a bajillion favorite verses! So I will share a few with you =)

Isaiah 43:2
"When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee."

Lamentations 3:22-23
"It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness."

II Samuel 22:31 & Psalm 18:30
"As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried:
he is a buckler to all those that trust in him."

I have a bunch more, but these are a few that encourage me=))

No comments:

Post a Comment