Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Crutches Anyone??

Well, Huge bummer for me....I broke the 5th metatarsal in my right foot...I was walking down our attic steps on Saturday carrying Ellie, my 1 yr old, and it was pitch black *dumb move!* and I missed the last step and landed in Selah's room ,amidst toys and books, on the side of my foot. I just love that my first broken bone decides to come when I am 24 weeks pregnant with my 4th child...note the sarcasm. It hurts and I can't take anything but tylenol...but the Lord knows and I know He will help me hobble my way through the next 6-8 weeks and give me all the strength I need to take care of the 3 bambinos in the process.
I hear that the healing process could be faster and I could possibly get a walking boot so I can put some weight in it, which would be fantabulous! My laundry room is in the basement, but I could look at that as a blessing, lol. I'll just have to have my hubs do the part down there and I can still fold and put most away.
Sweetest story though, Selah, my 5 yr old daughter, is currently sleeping on a big cushion on the floor next to me because she wanted me to be able to wake her up if I needed anything. Our bedroom is upstairs, so I opted to sleep on the couch for a few nights;) But, isn't that so precious! I am so thankful for the soft heart of my children. They have so much love and compassion for eachother and for our family that is blesses my heart. So, all in all, as annoying as the next few weeks will be, maybe this is just a good opporunity to teach my children that sometimes a family memeber needs a little extra help and we all need to work together as a team.
And let me just say, I cannot figure out crutches for the life of me! And I think the saddest part about all of this is no baths!

No comments:

Post a Comment