Friday, March 11, 2011

The dance...

It is 1:10am and I am sitting up thinking about my little miracle who is currently doing her little bedtime dance in my growing belly. I should be sleeping, but each night, she gives me no choice but to lay awake and dream. I wonder if she waits until everyone goes to bed since she knows I don't get much time to sit and think on her with her brother and sisters occupying my thoughts throughout the day.
I think she purposely waits until the quiet has set in and I am completely relaxed to begin her dance. She knows that with each movement I wonder more and more....Who will she look like? Will she be a girly girl like her sister? Will she finally be the "calm" one I am waiting for? What will she love to do? What will she grow up to be? ....My mind cannot help but wonder about this baby that the Lord has entrusted me with.
I have been here a few times before. Each time I discover that there is a new life forming in me, the dreams begin!
This is my 6th time on the beautiful journey of pregnancy. Sadly, for two of my babies, the dreams were cut too short. Before I knew if they were boys or girls; Before I could enjoy their dance... But God is good. God is always good....And even though many, many times I wonder who it is that is missing and what my other two would have become, I find myself wrapped in the loving arms of my Comforter who always has a reason and a purpose for the trials He brings into our paths.
So here, 25 weeks into my journey, I thank Him and praise Him for this special time I can have with my beautiful baby girl. This time when I can keep her close. This time when she and I are one. Each night I can sit and dream of what she will be. I can pray that she will always folllow the steps of the Savior, I can pray that I will train her in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Soon she will be here in my arms....and someday, before I even realize it happened, she will be grown and gone. So tonight, I don't care how late it is.....tonight I will enjoy the dance...

1 comment: