Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Slight Bump in the Road....prayer request!

Well, yesterday I had some test results come back that I do infact have mild preeclampsia...Every time I get pregnant my blood pressure goes up, but this time it is higher than normal....yesterday and today I had a steroid shot that will help Barbara Joy's lungs develop in case they have to induce early. Right now it is mild and pretty well under control, but if it gets really really bad they will want to induce around 32 weeks and if it stays pretty mild or gets a little worse they will hold of until 37 weeks. I am 27 weeks now, so please pray that everything will remail under control and that I will be able to carry her to term.
I have never been a big worrier, but I'm not going to lie, this does scare me a bit. I am so thankful that I have A God who knows what he is doing and is in control no matter the outcome.
So, now I have to go to the Dr every week and beginning at 32 weeks I will have weekly non-stress tests. I am so thankful that I have a good doctor who is truly concerned and taking all of the precautions so that baby and I will be fine=) Please pray, friends....thank you.

6 comments:

  1. Barbie, I will be praying for you. One of my daughters had severe preeclampsia with her first baby. He was born at 36 weeks and is a healthy 7-year-old now. I know how concerning it is, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you Barbie-Heather had those shots for Andrew at 24 wks -not for Toxemia though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle BlanchetteMarch 24, 2011 at 12:02 AM

    Praying for you Barbie. I had those shots with Alannah and she was born at 35 weeks weighing 7lbs 1oz. God can definately make Barbara very healthy and keep you that way too. No worries (I know easier said than done).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying, praying, praying :). . . God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord!! I Corin. 1:9 What a Blessing knowing God is Always watching over us!! Love you <3
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm praying for you and the baby as well.

    ReplyDelete