Friday, May 6, 2011

27 Blessings...

Today is my 27th birthday, so I decided to come up with 27 things I am thankful for....

1. My salvation- without Jesus Christ and His great sacrifice for me, I cannot imagine where I would be today...

2. My amazing husband- there is just so much I could say about him!! I love him so much and am sooo thankful I am blessed with a wonderful, Godly leader!

3. My 3 beautiful children- words cannot express...Selah, my little artsy imaginitive princess. Sam, my little snuggly mama's boy, and Elliana, my crazy girl with such a zest for life at only 15 months! 

4. Being raised in a Christian Home

5. My older brother Rob- he's awesome and I am always amazed by his knowledge and passion of life and learning...he's pretty much a genius and the best big brother you could ask for!

6. My little brother Jared- hilarious...I swear I can read his mind and we are always thinking the same thing. I love him.

7. My favorite little sister Ruthie- my best friend and the one I can always call....so many great times and memories. Everyone needs a great sister like mine=)

8. My parents- I am so grateful to have been raised by Christian parents who taught me to have love and compassion for people. They were never selfish and always showed much love to us and to others

9. My Inlaws- I have been beyong blessed to have the most amazing inlaws...they are all wonderful! My parents in law, brothers and sisters in law.....and my sweet little nephew Paxton and beautiful niece Brooke. I just love them all=)

10. My home church, Buckley Road Baptist Church- there is no other church on earth like Buckley Road. I have so many memories there. I could just go on and on...the best sending/supporting church ever!

11. My health- the Lord has blessed me with 27 years of good health and I praise Him for that!

12. My pregnancy- this one has been a little bumpy, but I am so thankful for the grace the Lord gives when we need Him and for the fact that little Barbie Joy is doing better!

13. My home- I just love it=)

14. Our church- Tri-City Baptist...we have been here for 4 1/2 years and have met so many wonderful people/friends....the Lord has been so good.

15. My wonderful friends- I have so many! I miss my friend Debbie in Kansas, a wonderful, godly encouragement to me and a blessing to our whole family! I love all of my "internet" friends, lol....some I have never even met, but they still encourage me and pray for me and I feel like I have known them for years. There are just so many wonderful supportive encouraging people in my life.

16. God's provision- we have never ever gone without anything we have needed, and He gives us more than we could ever imagine. I am so blessed.

17. Our cute little red mini-van- yes. a mini-van, and I feel totally cool driving it =)

18. Homeschooling- I NEVER wanted to be "one of those", but I am so thankful that last summer the Lord worked on my heart in this area. It was a fantastic year!

19. The Internet- ok...many people hate it, and I agree it can be used for the bad, but I have found many great friends on here=)) Also, it is just a wealth of information! Google can freak you out, though;)

20. My Pastor- yes, he is my husband, but he is also my pastor. Amazing in every way. Our church is lucky to have a strong, compassionate Pastor like Him...He is an amazing preacher and I could just go on and on about him...he's cute, too =)

21. My Doctor- she is great! I love that she is so concerned with my health and the health of the baby, She takes time with me and is the best I've had!

22. My talents- Ok, sounds totally vain, but I praise the Lord for helping me develop them so I can better serve Him. When we first moved to Binghamton to plant the church I could only play 2 songs on the piano, lol!! It was sad! But with lots of practice and with the Lord's help, I can play anything now...mostly I play by ear, which turns out to be cheaper cause instead of having to buy my music, I can just chord it out myself! ;) I love to sing, and I will even say I am thankful for the little kiddos I get to watch in nursery. Not my favorite job, but what an honor to help train these young little minds in the things of the Lord.

23. My Bible- Everything I need is in it. All of the wisdon and all of the answers I can find in the truths of God's word. I am so thankful for Scripture!

24. My trials- Even though I am not always a fan of going through hard times, I know that they are making me stronger and wiser in the Lord. I can use them for His glory and I have been able to help others by sharing my trials with them.

25. Wisdom- I don't have a lot, but I am thankful that God gives it to me liberally if I ask!! I am still young and do not have all of the answers, but I love how God can use me despite of all of my imperfections...He helps me say what I wouldn't normally say, and helps me keep my mouth shut when I need to, which is more often than not =)

26. My blog- I am glad I finally started one and especially the "Ministry Monday" thing....all of these women have been such a HUGE encouragement to me!

27. My little Barbie Joy- I haven't met her, but I am so excited=)) She has already taught me to trust the Lord more and to be able to say "Thy will be done" ...I just can't wait to hold her!!!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Barbie!!!! I love you so much! You are the Sweetest Godly Woman/Friend I have ever known!God Bless you and your family!! ! !!
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out Barb. Love you!

    --Rob

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY!!!
    and Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete