Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Baby Update #2

I am just about 32 weeks! Today at 8:45 i went in for my 3rd non-stress test. After about 20 minutes the Dr came in and said it didn't look good...again=( So she had me have another bio-physical profile u/s and that looked great, which was wonderful! Baby got an 8 out of 8, and she said if it was anything less she was going to send me over to Labor and Delivery again for monitoring. So, we talked and she said that I am in fact pre-eclamptic, but it is still mild. (although the number did go up slightly from last time, which isn't too great.
Anyways, what she is hoping is that as the baby gets older the non-stress tests will be more reactive. As of now, baby has a nice steady heartrate, but when she moves (and she moves a lot!!) it does not accelerate like it should, which is why all of these non-stress tests. So for now, I will go in for the non-stress tests 2ce a week, the 24 hour urine test (gross!) once a week (hopefully less), and have the bio-physical profile u/s done 1-2 times a week until either the tests get better or until she decides to take the baby for her health....also, she informed me that she will induce at 39 weeks since I am mildly pre-eclampic (unless, of course, I go into labor earlier than that or the pre-eclampsia gets worse)....anyways, that's the main jist of it all....Thanks for your prayers! Love you all!

**Oh and I want to say also that I am so thankful for my Dr. She is great and very cautious which I love! I'd rather go in every day for a check-up than once every 2 weeks and something be missed=) So, praise the Lord for her!

5 comments:

  1. Michelle BlanchetteApril 26, 2011 at 12:10 PM

    So glad that you are still pregnant! :) I know that doing all of that stuff is going to get old and tedious but it will be so worth it when your baby arrives here healthy. :) You have a lot of people praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and your precious baby! So glad to hear your doctor is being cautious. I'm with you, I would much rather do the 'extra' appointments instead of wishing I had. Praying things will improve and she can stay put as long as possible :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying health and peace for you and baby! It's all in God's hands, and He is so very capable. :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still praying! God is in control . . . and is able! The Great healer and comforter!!!! Love you all ! ! :)
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete