Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Time to Sing!

For a long time my husband has been asking me to make a cd and the time has finally come! When we were teenagers I made him a tape of me singing as a present....this time a few more people will be hearing it. Singing has always been something I have loved doing. I've always loved choir practices and wouldn't mind practicing for special music for hours. It is such a relaxing thing for me, so soothing. I sing all day long. I sing in the car, the shower, while doing dishes and household chores and especially when I am overwhelmed....It is very hard to complain when you are lifting your voice in praise to the Lord! During sermons I always think "man, _______ song would have been perfect to go with that sermon!" I think in songs, lol. I have much Scripture memorized and many songs memorized and I love how the Lord brings music and Scripture to mind exactly when I need it.
 I have started recording a little, and am looking forward to doing more. The first time was a "rough draft" session I like to say=) A man in our church has his own little recording studio, which is a huge blessing because to rent one is expensive! Today I finished gettting all of my "mechanical licenses" and am ready to go! I picked my most favorite 12 songs and am looking forward to sharing these with others. I am not the world's greatest singer or anything, but I just love to sing. So, the time to sing has come....and I'll let you know how it turns out! Here is a list of the songs I have chosen.....
1 .I Have Been Blessed
2. We're it Not For Grace?
3. There is Hope
4. You're Not Alone
5. I Can Go In
6. Much Too High a Price
7. That's What Grace is For
8. One Holy Lamb
9. Put That on My Account
10. It's Through the Blood
11. He Gave Himself
12. About the Cross
I am still trying to decide on a CD title.....so, If you have any suggestions, feel free to share!

5 comments:

  1. Looking forward to hearing the completed project! I've always wanted to make a cd, but you're right - studio rental is expensive!

    As for a title... I'll be thinking about it. =) You have definitely been blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since all of your songs have to do with how God has blessed, you could title it "Blessed" or "I Have Been Blessed".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessed By: Barbie Lynn... No need for the Smith part... Smith is to popular. Just Blessed By: Barbie Lynn




    ~Jocelyn~

    ReplyDelete